High quality fiberglass and gel coat by Ashland Inc., being the world’s leader in production of chemical materials are used in the production process of Valkon-Marine company.
Fiberglass materials have very low thermal conductivity (similar to wood), strength as steel and biological resistance, humidity resistance and weather resistance of polymers.
Fiberglass pontoons have the following properties:
- High corrosion resistance;
- Biological and chemical, ultraviolet irradiation resistance;
- High heat and frost resistance, extreme and low temperature, temperature drop (heat impacts) resistance. As per test the operating range of pontoons is from -40 до +50 ºС as minimum;
- Durability and light weight – being as strong as steel fiberglass materials weigh 3–4 times less (1 sq. m of a pontoon 67 cm high weighs about 18 kg);
- Low water absorption;
- Resistance to mechanical damage (scratches, chips, abrasion and any other mechanical impacts);
- Long service life (up to 15 years);
- Environmental friendly (according to the Sanitary-Epidemiological supervisory authority of the Russian Federation fiberglass products are not harmful to human health and the content of harmful substances in them does not exceed established norms);
- Fire resistance. In case of a fire fiberglass does not emit extremely poisonous gas – dioxide;
Gel coat – is a modified resin used for creating the outer protective layer of a fiberglass product.
Gel coat coating of pontoons is:
- Additional protection against corrosion, ultraviolet, chemical resistance;
- Additional protection against scratches and impacts;
- Uniform, glossy surface;
- Hull painting with any of available 720 colors as per Instint card.